Saturday, August 10, 2013

Un-quantifiable

I remember coming back to Long Beach on July 10th, so happy that my flight was landing back in Long Beach. Maybe because I was excited about the weather, and what that felt like, or the sense of chillness that pervades at least Southern California. We've had one of our parishioners who said, "California ruins you," and there us truth to that. Who would want to go anywhere else?

But that was such a wonderful feeling, of being happy to be back in Los Angeles, Long Beach, SoCal. There is just something about that, which really fits my persona. More chill..laid back. I remember loving the Summer of 2000, when I lived in Hancock Park and took my bike or the car up to St. Stephens to work with the Hip Hop Crowd. One of the best summers of my life.

I remember wanting to go back and start my ordination process here in the Diocese of Los Angeles. I met Bishop Bruno in August of 2000.  What if I had done that? In any case, I'm writing this post, because of that incredible feeling of landing in Long Beach, on the 10th at 5 pm or so. Happy to be back in SoCal. I can't deny that I was happy about that. Maybe it's just the vibe of openness, chilled out, truly diverse, more progressive. Innovation, things can happen here,...and also finding my Priesthood which I was beginning to love, more than three years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment