I've been wanting to write about "self-differentiation," and how unbelievably important it is. A process that one goes through. I remember doing that sort of work in my Psych Class in Senior year, and that was pretty remarkable. I enjoyed that thoroughly. But the work that goes along with it, of not just going with the flow; but tangibly trying to figure out my interests and how I reflect and or think. I also remember studying this within with my Pastoral Theology class at Union. But it figures that at age 34, I am only doing that work now with an sense of earnestness.
How to find the differences between me and my family, and how that projects out into the world. It really takes a lot of intentional work; not just going with the flow; but bringing everything back to what I believe, and how I have differentiated myself from my family, friends and everybody else. Forget about being judgmental, stand up for what I believe in. Self-differentiation is actually quite liberating. It's the process of getting to know one another in a deep way.
How to find the differences between me and my family, and how that projects out into the world. It really takes a lot of intentional work; not just going with the flow; but bringing everything back to what I believe, and how I have differentiated myself from my family, friends and everybody else. Forget about being judgmental, stand up for what I believe in. Self-differentiation is actually quite liberating. It's the process of getting to know one another in a deep way.
No comments:
Post a Comment